Saturday, June 4, 2016

10 Things You Can't Live Without in Lolita

1. Gothic & Lolita Bibles



Even in the midst of a bad day, month, or season, in which I can't bring myself to wear Lolita, I have my Bibles within arm's reach to look through and get my fix of beautiful things.



2. Cardigans and Boleros




I hugely prefer these to blouses, especially since I have a taste for full-coverage prints that I often want to break up and tone down with blocks of color. When worn in just the right way, they can also be used to help define your waist and smooth out your bodice.



3. Over-the-Knee Socks




These are by and large my preferred leg wear. I find tights to be uncomfortable, and anything knee-length or shorter usually doesn't look flattering on my legs.



4. Petticoats




Because, with very few exceptions, what is Lolita without the silhouette-shaping underfluff?



5. My Makeup Arsenal



Disclaimer: this isn't my makeup, I pulled this off of Google

I almost never leave my apartment without at least minimal makeup, and Lolita absolutely feels incomplete to me if I decide to walk around with a bare face.



6. Bloomers




I know this keeps making its way into my lists, but I'm just super dependent on bloomers! They're perfect for modesty in windy weather and guarding against thigh chafing.



7. Baby, the Stars Shine Bright




I don't think I would have fallen nearly as hard for Lolita as I did if it hadn't been for my all-time favorite brand! Baby is just so classically Lolita. If someone asked me to define Lolita for them, all I would have to do is direct them to the Classic Series page on the BtSSB website.



8. Metamorphose temps de Fille




On the flip side, I don't think I would have been able to really build up any confidence in wearing Lolita if it weren't for Meta! Their clothes are comfortable, easy to wear, and often found cheap on the secondhand sales, and my first brand dress was a Meta JSK that I still have and love.



9. Lace Market




I know it's a love-to-hate website, but it's frankly the easiest secondhand selling site that I've used. Most of my transactions, either buying or selling, have taken place here, and I'll definitely continue to use it.



10. Other Lolita Bloggers




Lolita bloggers have always been my #1 inspiration and resource for Lolita fashion: Parfait Doll and F Yeah Lolita! in particular are the two I first found, and still go back to when I'm feeling uninspired. Being able to hear from and see the Lolita world through different people is absolutely invaluable, and you should never stop searching for new blogs to check out. You never know who might spark an idea in your mind for your next great coordinate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...