Friday, May 19, 2017

AP New Release: Classic Florals are Back!

I was perusing the Facebook feed and someone posted a new Angelic Pretty release that made me stop and make sure that this was a dress from 2017 instead of 2007:

Look at it in all its floral glory!
This release, I actually am a little salty that I don't have the money to drop on a new dress, because this is lovely! Instead of a busy print like the ones to which we've become accustomed, it's a delicate, very Classic sort of floral and striped pattern with detail variety that comes in the form of construction, rather than graphic design.

The second thing that sort of stuck out to everyone commenting on the thread involved the price: ¥31,104 for a cotton jumperskirt? Why?!

 

... Ah. That'll do it.

There is so much lace and other accouterments packed onto this thing that it would easily drive the price up. On the bodice alone, I can count five different types of lace or piping in multiple rows, not to mention the satin bow and the line of faux pearl beading - this isn't even mentioning the rest of it on the dress.

I'll give this one to AP.


Classical Petit Rose (I'll ignore the French, as we must often do) comes in three colors and has a onepiece version as well as a JSK. Personally, though I do really like the JSK, I have to have a preference for the OP, this time. I just love the clean, vertical lines of lace that stretch from the top of the bodice to nearly the hem of the skirt, and the bow isn't as heavily burdened as the one on the JSK with lace or pearls.

There's also a brown colorway, and a headbow!

 

All in all, I really like this release, and I think it's something that people will feel more comfortable wearing out and about - you know, the way we used to when this was still truly a street fashion, when it was more common to wear Lolita to class or the grocery store or just to hang out somewhere with friends.

What do you think of the new Angelic Pretty print? Are there any other prints that have been coming out lately that have been catching your eye? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a long time AP had done a classic release, but it is perfect one. I am not fan of the row of pearls, but the cuts is pretty and easy to copy. It would be cool if AP had copy meta's working button down front, to give the option of easy taking on and of, secondly the option of wearing a underskirt or underdress.
    But the headbow is just my Favorite. If not for the roses, it could be a IW one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meta's button-down JSKs are definitely a spot-on feature, and I agree that AP pieces with those functional buttons would be great. As for the headbow, I totally see it! I've even see IW headbows with roses like that, so it's not much of a stretch at all.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...