Friday, May 26, 2017

Lolita Blog Carnival: What Made Your Dream Dress Your Dream Dress, and Has That Changed?

I really liked this week's topic, because it makes for a light, fun topic to write about while I'm trying to get back into the swing of keeping up the blog! Why don't we just dive right into it with a selection of my top dream dresses?

1. Strawberry Jam Long JSK by Innocent World


 


I think this was my first real "dream dress," and I came across it while I was still in my "research" phase of Lolita. I was perusing through the different substyles, and a long-defunct website had an image of a Lolita wearing this exact dress in the prettiest Classic coordinate (complete with an IW princess-sleeved bolero, and I believe violin OTKs).

Unfortunately, I can no longer find this image to show you, but it was basically the first time I had ever seen a coordinate and was just floored by how lovely it was and how well-put-together. It was one of the dresses that sort of cemented my love for the fashion.

I'm not as in-love with it as I used to be, but I still like the print, and I'd love to own it one day as a sort of sentimental piece.


2. Chocolat-chan Going Out JSK by Angelic Pretty





This was another one of my early dream dresses, and it was sort of the first Angelic Pretty dress that I really fell for. When I started Lolita, AP was winding down its OTT Sweet phase with prints like Whip Showcase, so that's what I came to expect of it.

And then I stumbled upon Chocolat-chan. The velveteen, the classy black cat, the little pearl details, it was a match made in heaven, and I'm still in love with it for those reasons. I once came across it in the second-hand sales, but conversion rates were awful, and I didn't quite have enough for it. Maybe I'll find it again, one day...

3. Fairy Tale Square JSK by Innocent World





Another Innocent World dress - this one had just been released shortly after I started Lolita, and as soon as I saw it in this particular cut and colorway, I fell hard. It's been at the top of my wishlist for years, now, and I've never come across it. The details are what sweep me away for this one: the apple buttons, the delicate lines of printed roses, the craftsmanship on the fairy tale panels, the overall construction... I'm in love!


If you recall, though, I did find the green, high-waisted version for sale, and I bought it because I wanted something with the print that I still loved. But if the opportunity ever arises to trade it for the black, square-necked JSK, I'm taking it.

There's just no beating those apple-shaped buttons.


4. Fraise Cerise OP by Mary Magdalene





I feel like I've mentioned this dress in a lot of posts, and there's a reason for it: I really, really adore it! It made me fall in love with the idea of Country Lolita, and it's another one of those simple, Mary Magdalene pieces that I could see myself wearing absolutely everywhere.

Clearly, I haven't changed my opinion on this dress.

Why did you choose your dream dresses, and have your thoughts on them changed over the years? Let me know in the comments below!

✿✿✿
Image result for lolita blog carnival

~ Others Participants in the Lolita Blog Carnival ~

✿ Cupcake Kamisama ✿

2 comments:

  1. That is good picks of favorites. A lot of stripes, but stripes is verstaile.
    I always been in love with surface spell's bourbon dynasty, it is just simple, yet detailed. Embroidery is just my soft spot together with trims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I just love embroidery, and Surface Spell pieces are great for that! I looked up Bourbon Dynasty, and it's some really nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...