Sunday, February 21, 2016

5 Pieces For Every Lolita

Woohoo! Another week, another Lolita 52 Challenge post!

5 Pieces Every Lolita Should Have, Regardless of Style

1. A pair of comfortable shoes that matches almost everything



Probably the most obvious one on this list is shoes. I can't tell you what a lifesaver my thrift store black pumps are; they have a two-inch heel and are simple in design, and go very well with almost everything sitting in my closet. They're also super comfortable, and I wear them all the time for work and school, even when I was on my feet all day working in a bookstore!

2. A simple headband with a small side-bow or floral corsage



Choose your simple, elegant embellishment to go with your wardrobe, of course, but it's a quick and simple way to dress up an otherwise plain outfit, It's also good for when your planned headwear falls a little flat. I keep a spare, black Alice band around for this purpose-- I keep trying to make my old Meta headdress work, but it never does. Switching it out for a headband usually makes the coordinate look much better. I also like to wear it when I can't go full-Lolita, but I want to dress up a little, anyway.

3. A bag or purse you can use for everyday, as well as Lolita (that matches your wardrobe)
This is the one that I use, Loris's Sweet Classic
Carry bag.

If you're like me, then you know how annoying it can be to switch everything over to a new purse. It's much easier to have at least one purse that you can use when you want to shop for groceries and then go to the tea party the next day. Luckily, Lolita bags come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and levels of fancy, so there's bound to be one that's just right for you!

4. Solid-colored socks



Lately, it seems like I really just need a pair of solid-colored socks to complete my latest coordinate. Again, like everything else, these made the list because of their versatility. It's just one of those things that you don't think you need, and then, one day, you're desperately digging through your drawer, convinced that there has to be a simple, solid-colored pair in there, somewhere!

5. The Back-Up Dress


BTSSB Sugar Bouquet Princess Shirring JSK
in pink
This is the dress that you love, is comfortable, easy to put on, goes with everything, and you can wear anywhere. If the coordinate you planned for the meetup isn't working for you, this is the dress you can just slap on and still look like a million bucks. I do this all the time. It's actually become such a problem that I now plan out two outfits for the same event, just in case I change my mind, or if Plan A doesn't look quite the way I thought it would.

The JSK I chose above is a print that I own, though I have the OP in black. Full shirring is incredibly easy to slip on and comfortable to wear for long periods of time, just like the Sugar Bouquet fabric. The print can be dressed up with either Sweet or Classic, and there are plenty of colors and themes that you can coordinate with. Most of my boleros, shrugs, and accesories are solid black, so it's easy to pull together a last-minute coord with my OP if I need one.

What pieces do you think are vital for any functioning Lolita wardrobe? Let me know down in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...