Saturday, February 20, 2016

Do You Still Own Your First Lolita Dress?

The 365 Day Lolita Challenge strikes again! This time, it's a topic that I'll have no trouble blogging.

My very first Lolita dress was a brand dress. It also doesn't have a name, and seems to be a little elusive on the internet at large: Metamorphose's 2012 Summer Lucky Pack JSK.



I picked it up very very cheaply the year I first got into Lolita. but $60 for a sundress still felt expensive back then.

It's made of really comfortable chiffon and has all sorts of detachable details, so you can wear it in several different ways. There are two detachable bows, and you can go between regular straps or halter ties. I love the look of halter ties, but they always give me killer headaches, so I usually opt to stick with the regular straps.

I haven't been wearing Lolita lately, and I hate taking pictures, so all I could find of me wearing it are from my first year wearing Lolita at all. It's a lot of what you might expect from a newbie.

 
And then a couple of years ago at Colossalcon, I lent the outfit to my friend Mary, and she absolutely rocked it!

She's so cute!


It does have a sister dress that I believe was released for another lucky pack the year before-- same fabric (though sparkly, according to the blog posts!), also a fully shirred JSK, but a little different.



Sometimes I'll see it pop up for sale in the secondhand communities, and I'm always so tempted to buy it so that I'll have the "matching" pair.

What was your first dress? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...