Sunday, March 27, 2016

Lace and Giverny!

There were recently a couple of easy-to-do challenges for the Lolita Lifestyle 365 page, so I decided to combine them into one post. First, we were supposed to photograph something with lace on it.



I have a vintage nightgown/dressing gown set that I found with really pretty lace detailing, so I thought it would be perfect for this!

Another challenge that I really liked was "Make a coordinate based off a city." Of course, I was very tempted to pick "Paris," but then I thought "You know, Paris wasn't my favorite city in France." So, I chose the village of Giverny.

What is Giverny, you might ask? Well...




Giverny is a small town in the north of France, and, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I can't explain why I love it so much, but the fact that this is where Monet lived and painted from 1883 until his death in 1926 certainly helps. In fact, this is where he painted his famous waterlilies!




You can see why I love it so much. It's just gorgeous, and there are few better fashions to capture that beauty than Lolita! I just hope I managed to pull it off:

Giverny Coordinate
I decided that a Mary Magdalene floral print would be best, and I centered everything around flowers! For the hair, I thought something princess-y or almost bridal would finish off the romanticized village lady, topped with a Victorian Maiden floral corsage or a delicate Moi-même-Moitié ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...