Monday, April 4, 2016

Purses That I Love

So, this is another topic from F Yeah Lolita's Lolita 52 Challenge, and I thought it would be enjoyable to blog about. If I ever decide to stop wearing Lolita fashion for good, the fun and adorable bags might be one of the few things that I carry over into "regular" life. In fact, the bag I use for everyday now is one I use in Lolita, too.

Ignore Usakumya for a hot second and focus on the beaded purse
next to her!

I dug this up at an antique mall for less than $20, and I was surprised to find out that it was made in the 1950s. It's made from a fine knit, embroidered with tiny pink roses and beads woven throughout the material, a style known as Corde. I believe it was popularized by a brand called Lumured, but because the Google is being fussy about telling me more about the terms "Lumured" and "Corde," I can't tell for sure. But if you're interested in finding a purse like this, then they're the two keywords that will hunt it down for you!

Other (actual) Lolita bags that I'm obsessed with are two more that I luckily already own!

Innocent World's Angel Three-Way Bag


When Innocent World first came out with the Angel accessories, I thought they were tacky as hell (in a good way, but I didn't think I'd ever use them for Lolita-- I was proven wrong when they made Cesky Krumlov). Tacky or not, I fell in love with this bag, and really wanted it for school!

Especially since you can convert it into a cute
little backpack!
I'm pleased to say that it actually worked pretty well. It doesn't fit a laptop by any means, but it's been a wide-spreading trend at my university for instructors to ban them. That leaves plenty of room for notebooks, pencils, my wallet and keys, and occasionally a textbook or two if they're small enough.

Baby, the Stars Shine Bright's Usakumya

Of course, I can't talk about Lolita bags and not bring up Usakumya.


My poor college roommate was so disturbed when I opened up the package carrying my pink Usakumya Pochette. "It's eyes are red, it's demonic!" cried literally everyone who saw it. To which I always pointed out that they were, in fact, hot pink, but they chose to ignore that fact. Actually, my roommate ended up naming her. After shooting down some more colorful options, we settled on Ruby.

As much as I love Ruby, she's very small and doesn't hold much. I've been able to get by with her at conventions, primarily by carrying my cash loose, without a wallet. I'm not too worried about the ease of theft. Have you ever tried to open one of these? The zipper, unlike the one on the larger specimens, is located on top of the head, underneath the bunny-eared hood. I'd definitely notice if someone tried to pick that pocket.

As much of a pain as it is to use her as an actual purse, I still desperately want a whole collection of Baby's stuffed animal bags! Usakumya of every size and color, and even a few of the Kuma Kumyas!

helloworld

What are some Lolita purses that you love? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...