Friday, April 17, 2020

Back in the Saddle 1: What Stayed

While I work on things and wait and try to learn patience to re-start my Lolita journey, I thought it would be fun to share something I've discovered about it: my wishlist evolution.

I've taken LovelyLor's video about starting over to heart a bit and began rebuilding my wishlist, swearing to look out only for things that I truly love and wait for dresses that are special to me. But first, I had to clean out the old one. There are a lot of new pieces, a lot of things that were pulled, and a shocking amount of dresses that remain! I don't want to start on a downer, so I thought I'd share what's being kept around on the list!


Top: IW Strawberry Jam, AP Royal Unicorn, MM Fraise Cerise
Middle: AP Horror Garden, Meta Lace-Up Tiered Long JSK, AP Marine Kingdom
Bottom: IW Fairy Tale, AP Chocolate-Chan Going Out, AP Dreamy Perfume

I don't think this is an exhaustive list, but it's basically everything. I'm surprised at how much Angelic Pretty is still there.

A lot of these are nostalgia pieces for me. Many of them were around for my formative Lolita years and I've never lost my love of them. Everyone who's ever read this blog knows how much I love Strawberry Jam, Fraise Cerise, Chocolat-Chan, and Fairy Tale.

Horror Garden and Royal Unicorn are pieces that I've always wanted but stayed on my mental backburner for a long time. I would love to add them to my collection. Unicorns are my favorite mythological creature and I need more Gothic prints in my life. I always have.

Revisiting the Lolita world made me realize how much I love perfume prints, so Dreamy Perfume stayed. I won't say no to any perfume prints if I'm honest.

The Meta JSK is simple in comparison, but I still love it. In fact, that might be why I still love it. You'll see in future posts how I'm gravitating well away from busy prints.

Finally, there's Marine Kingdom. I have no excuse, I have no reason. Mermaids and mermaid prints are great. I love that neckline and I can't tell you why. Seashell lace. Pearls on the bow. Mermaids.

I hope this was fun! I tried to be more light-hearted because I know the last post was kind of heavy and the next one's going to be heavier. After that, expect a post about the pieces that were cut from the wishlist, then a post about the ones that were added!

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...