Monday, April 27, 2020

Closet Clean-Out

Wishlists are nice and all, but what really needs to happen is a thorough spring-cleaning of my wardrobe. So much of it isn't my style anymore, or what I have in mind for my style. It needs to go to someone who will love it. Everything needs to be laundered, but for me, I'm just happy I got through Step One.

I'm actually quite pleased with myself for how large my "to-go" pile is and how small my "maybe" pile turned out.

I decided to keep my underskirts, petticoats and socks. Two of those are necessary for most outfits, and people don't like buying used socks half the time, so I'm not going to sink energy into it.

Here is my "keep" pile:


See? Look how small! It all started with the Meta sundress on the far left. As soon as I took it out of storage, I smiled. I remembered how happy I was when I first got it in the mail. It was the true beginning of my Lolita journey.

Garden Alice is both a favorite of mine and an old, damaged dress. It had come to me in less-stellar condition, and I've never been able to really get it back to 100%. It's staying with me.

And then, of course, I can't let go of Sorcerer's Horoscope. She's too beautiful.

Finally, I've got one cardigan that I can wear with two of those JSKs, as well as my two underskirts. They can stay.

Sell Pile:


This is just about everything in my closet! I had to sit down and be honest with myself about how much I still loved the pieces. Some are no longer my style while others never were. Peter Pan collars and whatever's going on with Sugar Bouquet are never going to sit on me very well. Wheel of Time was never my favorite theme, but I kept it around because it was so comfortable.

I've also forced myself to let go of matching Rabbit Cafe to one of the titular bunnies in the print. It's never going to happen.

Finally, there's the Maybe Pile:


Only the pink and brown Baby cardigan, the black IW skirt, and Candy Bottle.

I was never head-over-heels in love with the cardigan, but I can still potentially make a decent coord with it if I put in some effort. As for the skirt and the JSK, I feel like I never really gave myself a chance with them? I had such plans for Candy Bottle, and the IW skirt can still fit in my new wheelhouse. I'll have to sleep on these items a little while longer.

I'm still not really sure where I'm going down the Lolita rabbit hole, but I know I'll feel a bit better knowing that these things I've held onto for so long will go off to new homes. "When" is a good question, current global climate in mind. My next step will be finding all of the detachable bows and waist ties, as well as going through my headwear to see what else I can sell.

If you have any closet clean-out photos or stories, I'd love for you to share! Go ahead and let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...