Tuesday, June 7, 2016

ColossalCon 2016!

This past weekend was ColossalCon, one of the bigger, more popular conventions in Ohio, and I go for at least one day every year. This year, I was a little sad that it was only one day, because all of the Lolita events were spread out across the four days: panels on Thursday, fashion show on Friday, tea party on Saturday, and I think there was a swap meet on Sunday.

I chose to go Saturday, because I prefer social events to the fashion shows, and the tea party was lots of fun! I even got pictures, something that I'm normally bad at remembering to do.



The food was good-- I was really appreciative of the fresh fruit at the pancake bar. And we had another game that we also played last year-- print design! This time around, I chose "Starry Rose Perfume," inspired by a scene from The Princess Diaries. I wasn't able to finish it, but I might try again in my own sketchbook.

Here are some shots of the other Lolitas at the tea party (I forgot to get a photo taken of my own coord, oops!). The lighting was sort of terrible inside, but everyone still looked really cute!


There were so many chocolate prints. The center right Lolita was
the winner of our coordinate contest! I'm in love with the custom-
made headpiece.

Two of the lovely ladies I sat with

The other two lovely ladies I sat with!


We went outside to take group pictures, but candids are my favorite.

Finally, what's a convention without con swag? I won these bows and this gorgeous veil from the tea party raffle; both were made by Elegy!


Sweet Mildred had a table with all of her lovely headpieces and accessories. I was excited to see her rings made of keys, and picked one up for my Time Lag World JSK, as well as the teacup necklace just to have something cute to wear with my normal wardrobe.


Finally, I snagged a bunched of little accessories from the RawrTiger table, which is run by one of the Ohio EGL mods. She makes lots of sweet accessories and tights. I've been wanting some of these traditionally OTT Sweet accessories for a long time, and was happy to find something strawberry-themed for my berry prints, so they came home with me! She also does custom-colored resin items, like her popular macaron necklaces and shell clips (which I dearly want).

All in all, it was a fun day, though I was exhausted for the rest of the weekend. I can't wait to go again next year, hopefully for more than one day.

Did any of you go to ColossalCon 2016? Attend any of the Lolita events? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...