Thursday, January 7, 2016

365 Lolita Lifestyle Challenge: Days 6-7

I'm so excited to finally be caught up! Day 7 was posted very late, but that's okay. Let's get to it!

Day 6: Change your alarm to something pleasant




If any of you own an iPhone of any kind (I have a 5 or 6, I can't remember), then you'll know that very few of the ringtones can be considered "pleasant." Usually, I try to make my alarm super annoying, that way I'll be persuaded to wake up and turn it off. But, with a new year should come a new change.

I ended up choosing a song I've never heard before! Iris (Hold Me Close) by U2. I never did figure out how iTunes works, but somehow the U2 album Songs of Innocence was available for me to use as an alarm. It has a musically gentle intro and gets stronger, so I think it'll be good to wake up to.

Listen to it here!

Day 7: Photograph little details from your favorite dress

As my favorite dress (that I own), I decided to take pictures of my new Sorcerer's Horoscope JSK from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright! Its details are one of the reasons why I adore it so much.

Here's the stock photo of the whole dress, just so you can see it.


The bodice has strips of gold, glittery lace and shimmery corset lacing.


These are some of my favorite details-- the center bow is gorgeous in the light, and the little star brooch off to the side is detachable! I'm worried it might make the top look a little unbalanced, though, if I take it off to use it for my hair or something.


I also really love this scalloped hem and the gold glitter tulle trim.


Tiny star buttons! I love non-round buttons!


And, finally, star-shaped lace running along the skirt!

What alarm do you prefer to wake up to? Loud and annoying, or soft and sweet? And what are some of your favorite dress details? Do you prefer super-detailed prints, or pieces that rely on construction for complexity? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...