Friday, January 8, 2016

My Favorite Local Lolita Haunts

Hey, everyone! Time for another 365 Lifestyle Lolita post! Today's theme is "favorite places to go in frills!"

Since I haven't been living in Michigan long enough to have a favorite haunt, I'll share my Ohio stomping grounds with you, instead. As far as non-school locations go (and university is my primary destination for wearing it), there are really only two places I like to go to in Lolita that aren't just restaurants: the Maumee Antique Mall, and the Toledo Zoo.

~The Maumee Antique Mall~

The Antique Mall is absolutely massive, and if you want to see the whole thing, plan on making it a day trip. I've found some nice pieces, there, including a gorgeous rose-patterned tea cup! I'm planning on going back some time soon to try to find that bookshelf I've been wanting.

Or I could get a nice, new Victorian-styled sofa.

While you (obviously) won't find a lot of Lolita while antique shopping, you'll usually find great accessories. Hats, gloves, and jewelry are everywhere. I even found this great 1950s purse there about two years ago that I just adore.


They also have a nice selection of tea cups! This is one I picked
up the last time I went.
~The Toledo Zoo~

The Toledo Zoo is near and dear to my heart because I've been going since before I can remember. Spring is the best time to go while wearing frills due to the weather, but it's most popular in the winter because of their lights.

This corner of the zoo is literally abandoned most of the year.
Then the zoo lights happen.
Locals will overhype it and simultaneously decry how commercialized it's become in recent years, but it's still a nice zoo. Usually, they go overboard with their baby animals, but... they're baby animals. Everyone wants to see them, so no one cares about the extra advertising. My goal is to one day see the fabled Cat Library (which is exactly what it sounds like: a library that's home to tons of cats).

While the polar bear twins aren't at this zoo, anymore,
they were damn popular. I hope they have more in the future!

Where are your favorite places to go in Lolita? Share them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...