Thursday, April 28, 2016

10 Things I Love in Lolita

Day Two of the 30 Day Lolita Challenge is all about things you love in or about Lolita! Here we go!

1. Fancy Bloomers 


I just love lace-trimmed and pintucked bloomers! I know they aren't meant to be seen, but having fancy underwear is just fun.

2. Gothic and Lolita Bibles


I'd never been that into fashion magazines until I finally bought a Bible a little more than a year ago, and now I can't get enough of them! I especially love looking at street snaps, the makeup and hair guides, and the sticker pages.

3. Non-Print Dresses

Finding a good stock photo of this OP is nearly
impossible.
Don't get me wrong, I love and adore prints, too, but the solid pieces are detail-heavy in a completely different way. I love to see a dress have the lace, ruffles, pintucks, and ribbons piled on, like Innocent World's Ribbon Doll OP.

4. Casual Lolita


Taking something as fancy as Lolita and then turning it into casual, everyday wear is highly appealing to me, because it lets me wear my frills on lazy days when I don't want to go the extra mile, or even the whole one. Some days, I just want to look sweet and girly!

5. Cat Prints

Sleepy kitties!!!
I once saw a large sales post on the comm sales and almost every piece was a cat print. My heart skipped a beat before it started racing, and I can remember thinking "I wish I was brave enough to have that wardrobe." I still don't own any cat prints, but I have my heart set on a couple-- I'm forever kicking myself for missing the release of Meta's Dozing Cat!

6. Novelty Pillows



I'm not a particular fan of the Decoration Dream dress, but I love seeing this cute pillow on my bed! I also have the yellow Sweet Jam cushion, and I'd love to collect more!

7. Parasols



Another one of my favorite accessories, parasols are just the perfect touch for a lot of coordinates. I'm glad that Baby sells them for around $45-50, because I always have a hard time finding them on the secondhand sales. I'd love to be able to find one with the little curlicue handle!

8. Handmade Accessories



Now, I don't own a lot of handmade things, and I'm not great at making things, myself, but I love that the community as a whole has a real love affair with crafting their own pieces! It's a great way to get that final addition that matches your coordinate perfectly.

9. Apron Skirts



The brands don't put out too many of these, anymore, but I'm still obsessed with them! Something about it just makes it look more like a period piece, but not too maid-ish or Alice-like. Last year, Angelic Pretty put one out as part of their Wonder Gallery series, and I really hope they make a comeback.

10. The Jokes



It's no secret that I dislike Behind the Bows as a whole. Backbiting and internet hate are terrible, and not what I'm talking about. I mean the things you can find on the Lolita Memes in English page on Facebook, humor videos on Youtube, and occasionally BtB. The nice, silly ones usually brighten my day a little.

What are things that you love in or about Lolita? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...