Tuesday, May 10, 2016

10 Different Foods You Like

Another fun list from the 30 Day Lolita challenge!

1. Apples





I have a mighty devotion to Red Delicious apples, particularly the ones I get to go pick at the local orchard back in my hometown. They're massive, and way too big to cut with my slicer.



2. Pickled Green Beans






I'm not a huge fan of green beans, even though I've been cooking them for dinner a lot recently (the secret was apparently garlic and cheese), but dill-pickled beans were the first recipe that I tried (and made) and liked. Ugh, they're just so good!



3. Negimaki






This is a dish that I always have whenever I go to my favorite Japanese steakhouse back home: thinly sliced beef rolled around scallions with black pepper sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds! It comes as an appetizer, but I'm set with having just this for dinner.



4. Cereal






If I'm being honest, I'll come right out and say that cereal is kind of my go-to easy meal, particularly if my stomach's upset. My boyfriend likes to tease me about only liking "boring" stuff like plain Cheerios or Cornflakes, but that just means he won't eat them when I'm not around ;)



5. Strawberries






Who doesn't love a good strawberry? Though I have to admit, I'm a bit spoiled on them; homegrown is just so much better! After spending months eating only the berries I picked out of my grandfather's patch, the store bought ones now look weird and unripe.



6. Macarons






If you hadn't figured it out by now, I love macarons. Nothing beats a decent one. I was disappointed when a French-Lebanese bakery opened in my hometown and turned out to have terrible macarons (they were way too sweet). My favorite so far has been a raspberry-flavored one from LadurĂ©e.



7. Lemon Cake






But not just any lemon cake. This is the Lemon Tower Cake from an Italian bistro called Biaggi's. Lemon is really easy to screw up, and it's simple to make the flavor overpowering. Biaggi's did it right. It's a white cake with a thin lemon sauce and filling and white chocolate shavings on the side. Neither the vanilla nor the lemon dominate the dessert, and it just came out perfectly.



8. Flax Fortune Coins





My boyfriend started subscribing to NatureBox, which is a snack box with healthier alternatives to a lot of the super-sugary or processed foods you find in a store. So far, my favorite snacks are the Flax Fortune Coins. I really love fortune cookies, and these taste just like them!


9. Root Beer Floats





This is funny, because I'm not a huge fan of rootbeer. But vanilla ice cream goes really well with it, and I love to have this occasionally in the summer!


10. Popcorn






Popcorn is hands-down my favorite snack. I had it all the time growing up, as we owned an air-popper. A few months ago, my mom won a decent air popper in a raffle and gave it to me, so now I can have it whenever I want! I like it a lot better than bagged or stovetop popcorn because you don't need oil to make it, it's fast, and you can put whatever toppings you want on it. Though, I really love most popcorn you throw in front of me-- especially this salted caramel apple corn from Naturebox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...