Thursday, May 12, 2016

Trends I Loved, And Now I Don't

For this installment of the Lolita 52 Challenge, I went with a couple of trends that either never took off while I was around or haven't been around for quite some time (and one that will never really go away). Either way, here are a couple of "trends" that I used to really enjoy, but now I really don't.

1. Sweets-themed Sweet Lolita

This literally used to be #1 on my
wishlist.

This was my major obsession when I first got started: my first "coord" was cake-themed, I was in love with the Bodyline sweets prints, and Sweet Cream House was my dream dress. I've long since fallen out of love with this, though a couple of sugary prints are still on my wishlist.

2. Mini Bonnets


Momoko from Kamikaze Girls really inspired my love for them with the embroidered bonnet that started her short-lived career at Baby, the Stars Shine Bright, and I owned a pink BtSSB mini bonnet for a little while, but it looked far too childish on me. I gave it up last year, and now I prefer full-sized Classic or Gothic bonnets. I might snag a mini if I can find it in a nice jewel-tone, though...

3. Character Coordinates

Mrs. Puff Lolita
I absolutely made a Mrs. Puff coordinate

I was obsessed with making these on PolyVore for a long time, and they were good practice! I'm particularly proud of the Glinda and Elphaba coordinates. But character-themed coords feel too costumey for me, now, and I want Lolita to feel like real, normal clothes again.

4. Split-Color Wigs



I'm constantly straddling the "do I like wigs or not?" fence, but the split-colored ones were definitely favorites of mine a couple of years ago. Now, when I see wigs like this, I can't help but think "Meh..." Personally, the closest to a split-color that I could see myself buying would be the MintyMix blonde-to-pink fade that's no longer on the website. Otherwise, I'd rather just go with a single color.

What are some trends that you used to love, but don't anymore? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...