Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Bedroom of a Victorian-Rococo Lady

The challenge for May 16th involved describing your ideal Lolita interior, and a thousand things flooded my brain: daybeds and loveseats and four-poster beds with chiffon curtains, collections of tea cups and bouquets of flowers on top of lace-covered end tables, absolutely everything in my favorite shade of powder blue.

There's a particular bedroom setup that I'm head-over-heels in love with, and it comes from Versailles:

The private sitting chamber of the Queen that inspires me so.

This room is known as "The Cabinet of the Meridian," and was a part of the Queen's private chambers in the palace of Versailles. It was used as a setting in several scenes of the Kirtsen Dunst movie Marie Antoinette, and I was enchanted with how cozy it seemed!

Isn't this the neatest idea for a cubby hole princess bedroom, bed in the wall design!:
A modern-day take on the Cabinet of the Meridian!

Now, I love the idea of having a bed or daybed set directly into the wall, with decorative curtains for privacy if needed. The biggest downside is that this setup might make making the bed a little more difficult, but I'd be willing to put up with that. The rest of the room would be dedicated to living comfortably. I spend almost all of my time at home in my bedroom, but I don't want to always be sitting in a desk chair or on the bed.


Personlly, I'm partial to a Rococo-styled chaise longue or a Victorian loveseat, but other (probably cheaper) options include antique armchairs. Luckily for me, Rococo and Victorian can be easy to blend together in the same room.


Other things to dress up a room with a Victorian or Rococo theme are chandelier lamps, decorative, four-legged end tables or coffee tables, and fancy tea cup displays!

Even if I can't decorate an entire bedroom this way, I'm absolutely determined to have a sitting or relaxing room with this theme of Rococo-Meets-Victorian. What kind of room style is ideal for your Lolita world? Are you a Rococo, Victorian, or some other kind of interior design enthusiast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...