Thursday, May 19, 2016

I Dreamed a Dream of AaTP's New Print

I was browsing around the new Baby, the Stars Shine Bright reservations because I wanted to see what new prints were coming out, when I came across this announcement from the Alice and the Pirates side:


priere_despoir-sx priere_despoir-iv

What. A Les Mis print? Or, as it's properly named, "Prière d'espoir~Light of the oath and the fate of love~." I desperately needed to see what dress AaTP could have possibly slapped this on (I haven't been liking a lot of the recent prints they've been putting out, particularly the "Harry Potter" print), and I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw.

P12OJ208-b

This is the most darling thing I've seen this year. It's such a girly take on a more Classic-oriented print, and I just adore it. There's even a bustle!

P12OJ208-13
I'm a sucker for a bustle back

Unfortunately for me, this version of the JSK has zero shirring and a way-too-small bust, so this is going to have to go in the "Keep Dreaming" dream dress folder.

There are two other JSKs with shirring, but I'm not as enamored of them as I am of the first one.

P12OJ209-g

I could probably see myself buying JSK II in mint, because something about it really reminds me of my Garden Alice Print JSK-- the babydoll silhouette, the weird cap-sleeves, the all-over literature print, and even the lace on the skirt are all callbacks to my older Baby piece. At least this one used a ribbon that matches the fabric.

There is also a third JSK and a skirt (no one pieces). While this last JSK has full back shirring (the sizing option I would usually prefer), it's very plain and lackluster.

P12OJ210-iv

The skirt is cute, and I do enjoy the ruffled trim (made from similar fabric as the glittery gold hem on my Sorcerer's Horoscope JSK) and the fact that AaTP repeated the bustle. I'd probably still stick with the JSK, though. If I did snag the skirt, I'd love the blue colorway! It looks nicely lustrous and floaty in a way that the other colors don't.

P12SK506-sxP12SK506-06

What do you think of the upcoming Alice and the Pirates print? Are you going to put in a reservation? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...