Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Water Lilies: The Dress Print I Desperately Need to See!

There was a 365 Lifestyle Lolita challenge topic last week that asked us what paintings would we like to see on a dress. Of course, the first thing to spring to my mind was a Monet Lily print!

The Water Lily Pond

I know that Juliette et Justine sort of has the monopoly on painting dresses, right now, but if I could pick another brand to make a Monet dress, I'd be interested to see a Victorian Maiden or even Moitie spin on my favorite artist.

Nymphéas reflets de saule, or The Willow's Waterlily Reflection
by Claude Monet

In fact, with inspiration from the above painting, I threw together a Monet-inspired coordinate on PolyVore using a Moitie JSK!

Monet Lily Coordinate

Monet is known for his floaty colors that can be surprisingly rich; everything is a haze of color, like you're looking through light, and you have to take a step back to see the bigger picture. Moitie's Rose Print JSK is perfect: the chiffon overlay hides the brightness of the orange flowers and has a very watery, Monet-like effect on the print.

Navy is the primary color in the painting, but you can't ever fail to notice the lesser accent colors: after all, nature does not make landscapes in one color, but many. That's why I brought back the light blue and the greens in the accessories.

What are some paintings that you'd like to see as Lolita dresses? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...