Saturday, May 7, 2016

My First Meetup

I didn't think I could really do any meetup posts from any of the topic lists, but I found one on the Lolita 52 list for my first meetup! Yay!

My first meetup was at Colossalcon last year (2015), and it was the Lolita tea party. It was lots of fun, and I actually got to socialize with people.


This was my coordinate for the day-- Meta's Rabbit Cafe Frill JSK in black with a Baby, the Stars Shine Bright headbow and Usakumya bag, offbrand shoes and shrug, and Fan+Friend OTKs.


I also found these really cute nails at Claire's.

Anyway, on to the tea party:


The food wasn't bad, and I was really happy to have some fruit, too! I can't remember the tea, but I think it was orange spice.

While / After we ate, we got to play a fun game that was right up my alley (that I've mentioned before in a previous post): design the next big print.

   

We had three lists of words to choose from and combine to make our print name. I went with Fancy Poodle Parade, but wanted to do something fancy in toned-down colors. I love the Rococo era, of course, and used that as the cut of my Hime OP, then made it grey and white with black accents. The poodles are supposed to be on leashes circling the border of the skirt, with velvet bows and a black pompom trim. I topped it off with a fun feather corsage in the hair, white gloves with more black velvet bows, and boots that were lined with fluffy black fleece and dangling pompom laces!


Finally, we had a raffle that everyone was entered in (to which I donated a Baby headbow that didn't really work with my head), and I won a pair of black Bodyline wrist cuffs. They're the lowest quality cuffs that I own, but they aren't terrible, and I needed a black pair, anyway. Also, I'm spoiled on Belladonna cuffs.

What was your first meetup like? Did you attend the 2015 Colossalcon tea party? Tell me about it or link me to your own post in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...