Saturday, May 28, 2016

Urban Garden Update!

A while ago, as part of a 365 Lifestyle Lolita Challenge, I showed you all my new garden, having been freshly planted. Since plenty of time has passed, and my pretty green things have changed significantly, I wanted to show you updated pictures!




First, all of my plants were moved to our large communal balcony, rather than the little private one in my bedroom and a railing in our other window. This makes everything a lot easier to get to and water, and now everything is in one place!


We also had these old planters with old soil and dead plants from a previous resident taking up a bunch of space, so I emptied them out, cut out some holes for water drainage, and planted a bunch of spare strawberry bulbs I had lying around. I know, it's very late to be planting strawberries, and I might not get anything out of them, but it's worth a shot.


Speaking of strawberries, look at what I've got already! One of my pineberry plants is already starting to bear fruit! This one will be ready for eating in another day or two. A quick note about pineberries, about a quarter of any berries your plant produces will be red like a regular strawberry! The rest will be the white variety.


I forgot about the strawberry's tendency to grow out like this-- oops! It should be okay, though this might mean that my downstairs neighbors could have a few red and white surprises on their patio next month.


I'm so excited about my lavender finally blooming! I never had much luck with lavender before, so this makes me especially happy.


Lemon thyme is a favorite of mine, and I'm just so pleased to have it in my little garden.

How are your gardening projects coming along? Did you have any early-blooming flowers, or are you waiting on tasty vegetables to grow? What would you like to plant in your garden that you can't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...